every word is a poem. speak carefully.
spearmint
    every word is a poem. speak carefully.
Friday, May 25, 2007
1000 lines of blank verse! Lines 280 - 293.5

breaking the blank verse for a minute just to say....yesterday i was accused of being 'warm & fuzzy' (thanks, thane! ;)) and today i sound whiny & angsty. neither is really me. i'm having a hard time finding my voice when writing in meter. maybe it will get better....

anyway, back at it:


I am not ‘warm and fuzzy’ I am not
why does my blank verse always read that way?
Can’t I be bleak in meter? Shakespeare did.
Perhaps I’ll have to write a tragic play.

I’m here for now. I’m worried and can’t write
too much to say, too little time, and fear
holds back my fingers

Insomnia (I wish I had)

The depth of sleep covers me like a cloud
of sadness, and it brings dark dreams. The taste
of sleep addicts me with a drop. Wish I
could lie awake and count the cracks in our
new ceiling paint, instead I always fall
asleep and stay that way for far too long
and wake depressed, with sunshine in my eyes
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

poems of mine, online



my other blogs



poetry blogs i like

poetry sites i like

other things i like

archives
March 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered by Blogger